Monday, September 1, 2008

prepare yourself

Well, I'm off to work for a short three-hour shift, and then it's Monday night game time. I've had to walk a careful line in the tournaments, balancing between playing for first place in each game with the need for consistent in-the-points finishes so that I can be sure to take down the big share of the jackpot in December.

I'm ready for it tonight, though, I believe. Plus, my opponents in that game have huge leaks, especially with regard to hand selection. Some of them are calling raises with hands like queen-five! It is going to be an uphill battle for them if they continue playing this way, but there will always be the element of luck involved, so it's not impossible to lose to them given a couple of bad beats. At any rate, I hope to get my chips in with the best of it! Results to follow. . .

No comments: