Friday, May 9, 2008

I'm back

So, my computer broke, but it's fixed now. As a result, I haven't posted in a while, but here's an update on what's happened since last time:

I ran pretty bad in the monday game on 4-28 and 5-2, scoring no points and losing my buy-in plus a rebuy each time. However, I did okay in the cash games in between, with a $98 win, a $28 win, and a $21 loss. Also, the office closed down, and the location of the game moved, with varying degrees of enthusiasm/skepticism from the players.

Last Monday, I placed second in the tournament to Marc, who held AA against my QQ. We got it all in preflop, and his aces held up. However, there were two great things about this tournament, the first of which being that I played extremely well (in my opinion), dodging some major bullets later in the night, folding AQ vs Marc's AK, and later folding jacks to Chris's QQ and Lee's AA, before the flop.

The second great thing about Monday was the cash game which took place afterwards, a $10 dealer's choice cash game with $0.10/0.20 blinds. We were very short-handed, with only Eric, Marc, Jake, and I playing. Marc played for less than an hour, and left with about $7.50. I continued three-handed for about three hours, stacking Eric four or five times in the process (which was awesome), playing hands of Hold'em, Pineapple, Omaha, Omaha hi-lo, Stud, 5-Card Draw, and even 5-Card Stud. Eric left, having been felted, and Jake and I continued playing for about an hour until I captured his remaining $5.

Tonight is the Friday night game, and hopefully it will be a good one. Eric, Justin, Andrew, Marc, Dale, myself, and possibly Trey, John, and (less likely) Chris, Chip, or Jake will be playing. I played very loose in the last cash game against that crowd, and, based on my tight table image, was able to do pretty well, aggressing in the right spots, playing position, etc. I'm not sure that that will be my strategy tonight, however - we'll see how the game develops.

No comments: