Monday, March 3, 2008

¢ five and ten

I played a game tonight against Chip, Lee, Lori, and Dale. I ended up doing all right, and winning $11, but I feel I could have won more given the cards that I was getting. However, a few unfortunate rivers for me in pots against Dale lightened my stack by about $5 or $10 late in the game.

Early in the game, an interesting hand came up. We were four handed, and I was first to act with the KJ of hearts. I raised to 3x the big blind, or ¢30. Chip folded the button, Lee called in the small blind, and Dale folded the big blind. At this point, I had fewest chips, with $6.55 (the pot was now ¢70). The flop came with three babies, and two hearts. Lee led the flop for ¢65. At this point, I decided to raise him, because I figured I might win it right there, or get a free card on the next round. I made it $2 to go. I was surprised when Lee raised me $4 more!!

At this point, the pot contained $8.70, and it was $4 to me. I had only $4.55 in my stack, so if I called, I pretty much had to stick the rest of the money in there. I decided that with my flush draw and my two overcards to the board, I was getting a pretty good price to play. I pushed in the remaining $4.55, and Lee was forced to call the ¢55 more. He showed 66 for second pair, but I was lucky enough to catch a king on the river, increasing my stack to $13.80, and getting out of the red.

No comments: