Saturday, March 22, 2008

A long night at the office

Last night's Friday Night game was a nail-biter for me. Though I was able to eke out a $24 win, it took several buy-ins for me to get right in this game. The players were Eric, Marc, Jesse, Dale, Lee, Trey, John, and myself. I made a couple of questionable plays and ended up stacking off early to Trey in the beginning of the game, which is frustrating because he's a totally crazy player, so it's easy not to give him credit for a hand. That's why they say players make the most money when playing opposite their style. When Trey is in a pot, he's usually playing like a maniac, and is either bluffing or has a marginal hand he should've been rid of earlier. This fact means that when he does pick up some real cards, he's likely to get paid more for them than the rest of us. This is the trap I fell into.

However, after reloading (actually a couple of times), I began to right myself. I was pushed off of a hand by Jesse, but got revenge a little later on when I bluffed him with AK on a flop of J99. Lee and Jesse did fairly well overall last night, with Eric, Trey, and myself, Marc, Eric, and Trey ending up + or - 25ish bucks. John and Dale were the big contributors last night, but in all fairness I have to say that John got cold-decked super hard - not only was he not getting many big hands, but when he did they were getting cracked. I'd really like to see this turn around for him in the next game, but of course not if it's to my detriment.

Overall, though, I'm up a good bit in the game, and have no serious complaints. I've still either won every time I've gone to the Friday game, or sustained a one-figure loss, which is entirely fadeable. If I can keep this trend up, I'll be satisfied. It would be nice to score another $100+ win, of course.

No comments: