Thursday, February 7, 2008

down twelve

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to record a loss for tonight. The damage isn't too bad, however, and I'm sure to bounce back soon. I'm going to be playing in the .25-.50 NL tomorrow night (see previous post A new game!), which was pretty sweet last week, the first time I played in it. Fortunately the buy-in doesn't mean too much financially to my opponents, which will likely see them going too far with their hands. Ideally, straightforward poker should take down the money. In fact, I would probably have had a different result tonight if I'd tightened up a little bit and taken advantage of my opponents' aggression more - at the very least reducing the loss. Nonetheless, the Friday game is definitely more of a priority than tonight, which was something of a pick-up game.

Also, I've added a poll and a video section to the blog, and am planning to change the poll weekly and the video clip almost daily. If there's anything anyone wants to see in particular, let me know. I'm thinking about the 2007 WSOP h.o.r.s.e. tournament after the current poker after dark tournament is done, but am open to suggestions.

No comments: