Saturday, February 23, 2008

A good friday night game


Tonight's ¢25-50 cash game went very well for me. The players were Lee, John, Dale, Eric, Marc, and Trey. We played for about four hours, and it was an interesting night. I didn't have too many premium hands, but the ones I did have were maximized, which makes me feel more confident in my strategy of playing mostly straightforward, good solid poker.


Most of what I was able to win tonight came from two rather large pots, one in which I held the QQ and made top set against Marc for all of his chips, and another in which I held pocket aces, made a huge preflop raise (I had seen a particular player paying this much to take flops already and thought there was a really good chance I was getting called), and then got all of the money in on a flop of Q78 when my opponent, Trey, was drawing nearly dead! He held KT, and bet $5 on the flop (heads up w/ about $11 in there already), and I raised him $10 more. With another $10 or so behind, he pushed all-in and I called, and I was happy to see my opponent drawing nearly dead! This was a big win for me tonight, topping my initial win in the Friday Night Game from three weeks ago.

No comments: