Monday, February 25, 2008

Up fifty

Played a ¢5-10 tonight against Marc, Dale, Chris, Andrew, and Lee. It went pretty well, and I was up a good deal throughout most of the night. In fact, players were stacking off and reloading, so the stack sizes were increasing. Though I was up, I decided to buy an additional $10 in chips just in case I had to get all-in (I wanted to maximize the winnings).
Unfortunately, I lost a lot of chips in a big pot against Lee in which I had AQ and he had J7. I wasn't willing to put him on the seven since he had called a big preflop raise from me, but I should have since he was basically telling me he had it. Regardless, I managed to walk out up 50 (though Lee left up 67! had I let go of my AQ on the turn, we both would've had around $60 worth of profit.), which meant that it was a good night overall, and that I've been continuing to do well recently, making this my thirteenth winning session in a row, with no losses $20 or more in over 33 sessions.
Furthermore, since I started tracking my sessions in the CardPlayer.com poker analyst, I've acquired a record of 44 wins, 22 losses, which I consider to be pretty good, especially since it's not as important how many wins vs. losses you have as much as the amount in question when you win vs. lose.

No comments: