Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Micro limit cash game

Originally dated January 30, 2008
Current mood: adventurous
Category: Games

In a couple of hours, I'll be playing a table at which everyone will be playing 0.05-0.10 NL with i
nitial stacks of 10. A few of the players are habitual rebuyers, and I know that one player is borrowing 25 from another in order to play the game (which leads me to believe that the entire 25 will make its way into play eventually). It will be shorthanded, between four and six players most likely. The players I'll be up against are a mixture of maniacs and loose/aggressive and somewhat reckless recreational (albeit regular) players. They tend to make several mistakes, so my plan of attack is to play straightforwardly, hoping to trap them in spots where I'm a big favorite. In other words I'll be showing down good cards, with any luck.
My opponents will probably be calling when they should raise or fold, going too far with marginal hands, playing hands they should fold, and bluffing recklessly - guided by hunches rather than analysis of the situation. If I can catch some cards, it looks favorable, and it should be a good learning experience either way.

Currently listening : Rain Dogs By Tom Waits
Release date: 15 June, 1990

No comments: